Sunday, February 27, 2011

a trip to the hospital

I was home on Tuesday afternoon, getting ready for the Bohn family to visit, when there was a knock on the door. Someone from Joey's school had come to get me to tell me that Joey's hand had been slammed in the door and Joey needed to go to the hospital.
The school had tried to call but they misread my handwriting. They mistook my 6 for a 4.
At the school I find Joey sitting in the Principal's office with some bloody fingers. It is hard to tell how deep the cut is because of the blood. An ambulance takes us to the hospital. Joey was a little disappointed there were no lights or sirens.
We checked in the at the hospital and I was happy to be given a form to fill out in English. It is a small detail, but it was nice to not have to translate. French was not coming very easily to me at that moment.
They cleaned up Joey's wound and I was relieved to see that it isn't very bad. He only needed one stitch.


The hospital didn't seem much different from our hospitals. We were in and out of the emergency room in about 2 hours. Not bad.

My favorite part of this story is the hospital bill.
Guess how much it cost.
I will remind you that Joey once went to St. Joseph Hospital in Ann Arbor for stitches in his ear. That bill was over $1,000.
Back to my French hospital bill.
Here is a picture.


Can you read it?
It is 26.74 Euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment