Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Packing and paintings

This week is all about packing and saying goodbyes. I am thankful we aren't moving away for good because goodbyes are hard!
Packing is really about getting organized and remembering all the little details. So I am a little distracted. In the middle of our packing week Gabi has decided to start some sort of project. I am trying to ignore it but she keeps bringing it up. She spent last weekend at Grandma Fracassi's house. In the living room at Grandma's house is a lovely painting of a ballroom dancing scene. Gabi told me she wants to make a 3D version of this painting. From what I can gather I think she is making some sort of diaorama. She started requesting a box, paint, wood, and screws for the Barbie's feet. I gave her a long lecture on how this isn't really the best week to do this type of project. I think she just rolled her eyes and began trying to figure out how to gather the supplies by herself. She is a persistent little thing. This morning I overheard Gabi asking her sister if she minded that a particular Barbie doll would have her feet screwed to a board. Of course, a fight ensued and that Barbie became the most precious barbie doll ever.

Too bad Gabi doesn't have an artsy mom that would drop everything to help her out.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Aunt Jen,
    Please don't tell Gabbi, but when my mom and I come to France, a few Barbies are going to sneak there way into my bag. With a few outfits. I am so excited to come to France. The house looks beautiful. It has so much character. Gabbi, Katie, and Joey hang in there for that half a mile walk everyday. Excited to come! Have fun!
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! We can't wait for you to visit! We have lots to show you.

    ReplyDelete